Welcome to Three Chequers Medical Practice
We are a Salisbury based GP Practice with sites at Endless Street, Rollestone Street and St. Ann Street. We have branch surgeries in the villages of Porton and Winterslow. The Practice is a Partnership with 15 GP Partners and 10 additional GPs. We have a large practice team including nurses, healthcare assistants and pharmacists and are able to offer a wide range of services to our patients. In addition we are a training practice, teaching both trainee GPs and student doctors.
Our Practice area covers the whole of Salisbury and much of the surrounding area. To see if you are eligible to register with us see our New Patients page.
THREE CHEQUERS CHANGES
Three Chequers Vision
The Three Chequers Medical Practice was created in April 2017 by the merger of St Anns, Three Swans and Endless Street Surgeries. These were already excellent surgeries with outstanding teams. Our aim is to continue to provide high quality medical care using the combined expertise of these teams.
We plan eventually to have a new purpose-built surgery to work from.
The merger has led to some changes and we want to provide you with some clarity about our current plans.
Medical Care At Different Sites
We are streamlining our services to make the best use of existing team members and premises. This will mean the following:
- All of our patients are now registered with the Three Chequers Medical Practice and will have a nominated doctor within the team.
- Urgent and routine medical care will be concentrated at two of our city sites; Three Swans and Endless Street.
- St Ann Street premises will remain open but with more restricted services similar to our Winterslow and Porton branch sites. Doctors previously working at St Ann Street will continue to work within Three Chequers out of one of the other sites.
- Winterslow and Porton sites will continue operating as usual.
- You are welcome to access medical care at any of our sites and of course continue to see a usual doctor of your choice
- Appointments can be made in the usual way by contacting any of the surgery numbers
Triage Service For Urgent Advice Or Care
In order to provide a responsive service for those in need of urgent review or advice we have a core dedicated team run by experienced GPs and nurse practitioners. Dr Naz Kamal is heading up this team, meaning that they will no longer be available for routine appointments.
What are the advantages of this change?
- Continued provision of high quality care in the city centre and branch surgeries in a sustainable way.
- Access to urgent advice and review as needed in dedicated teams Improvements in chronic disease monitoring - such as diabetes, lung and heart disease.
- Provision of new services available to all patients - such as physio and a pharmacist
- Development of our already highly rated carers service
- Further development of learning disability review
- Expansion of our research programme
The Way Forward
We are excited to be at the forefront of developing medical services in Salisbury. We understand changes can seem unsettling at first but would like to use this opportunity to thank you for your continued support whilst these are taking place.
We will be working with our patient participation group (PPG) to help Three Chequers focus on the way ahead. We would also welcome any other feedback you may have.
Our Autumn 2018 newsletter is available below in pdf format. Click on the button below to view it or pick up a paper copy from one of our branches. Please also read our Carers Newsletter for January 2019 which gives valuable information on activities, facilities and services specifically for carerCarers Newsletter January 2019
Practice Newsletter Spring 2019
(Site updated 23/04/2019)